Sunday 6 July 2014

Life and Planner Peace At Last!

Finally I am achieving planner peace, I am no longer in a frenzy over stationery items or remotely interested in the new releases from filofax or any other planner provider.  I never thought I would get to the place but I have arrived and the relief is immense!

I have settled very nicely into my Kate Spade and I am enjoying the simplicity of it all, I have the same planner in black and red for when I feel like a change but the zip model is working very well for me and I'm happy.

I have even settled on the inserts and calendar layout, I am using what I carry and carry what I use...can't say fairer than that!

It has taught me a valuable lesson....to be happy that what you thought worked for you actually does! By that I mean that I have noted all the different systems and methods of doing things from other blogs and you tube videos and I have joined in with the chats about how to do things in different ways, I have tried the decorating and the colour coding and all the other fun stuff that other people do and that's just it, it's for other people to do.  It doesn't work for me, I have gone back to the way I have always used my planner because it works for me and that's what your planner should do.

What I have taken away from this experience is that it is ok to not have the fanciest, action packed planner, it is absolutely fine to be content with something more simple if that's what works for you. I realise that I like the dividers to be personalised but not the pages, I realise that I love a bit of sparkle that the glittery dividers provide and I don't like tabs.  I don't need oodles of lists because that just stresses me out, I need to know what I need to get done and where I need to be and that is all.

My planner is a tool.  It helps me to keep on top of things that are important.  The fact that I have made her a bit prettier with the glitz is fine but I was getting in way too deep and the amount of stationery and stuff I accumulated is just ridiculous!

But taking a step back from my planner-crazy world has made me see other aspects in my life were heading the same way.  I need to seriously take some time out and get back to basics.  We live in a crazy fast paced bleeping and pinging world of non stop noise and never seem to take time out to just stop.

I have taken heed of this and booked a few days away in a Romany Gypsy Caravan with the intention of doing absolutely nothing other than absorb the beauty of the surrounding nature.  I have bought a traditional picnic basket and I am going to just chill out, unwind, relax and recharge. I cannot wait!



Life has gotten way too complicated and it isn't enjoyable at that speed!  I want to spend time creating memories instead of chaos and I want to enjoy my time with my family and friends.  I want to kick back and just enjoy life.

My planners will always be by my side because without them the chaos reigns but they are as simple as I want my life to be and that is just fine by me!!

Until next time, take care xxx

1 comment:

  1. Glad you've found planner peace and contentment. Your words are spot on and echo my own experience. Enjoy your holiday - sounds exciting. Hope you do a blog post about it!

    ReplyDelete