Wednesday 15 October 2014

Absolute Planner Peace

I truly believe that I have reached the elusive 'Planner Peace' with my Van Der Spek.  So much so that I have lost all interest in any other planners, nothing else can offer what my little VDS can - other than a Gillio I guess but then the quality of those, in my opinion, are no better than the VDS and at three times the cost are not even close to being in the running.

So now what?  Now I have found the perfect outside I can concentrate on getting the perfect inside!  I am very glad that I didn't like the inserts that came with it.  I had to take them all out!

Having a good think about what you will actually use and not having tons of unnecessary stuff in there bulking it out means you have room for little things that make you smile when you open your planner, like pictures of your family and pretty postcards and anything else that just gives you pleasure..  To say that I am in complete awe of this beautifully soft tactile planner would be a massive understatement! I don't want any other.  I absolutely am totally in love with this, both inside and outside.  I love my entire set up.  I am done!!  I feel so much at peace now with the whole planner world, I feel organised and just so content.

I can now start concentrating on my other accessories - well you have to have something to carry on with don't you? So I have bought what I hope to be the most perfect bag(s)...since starting to write this post I have bought another three bags!!

The first one is by the makers Smith & Canova.  I haven't got anything else by them and I haven't ever seen anything by them but their website would appear to sell luxury items at a luxury price so that's always a good start! This was an EBay bargain, what more can I say!


Soft brown leather with pony skin leopard print detailing and gold hardware. I absolutely have to have an external pocket for my travel pass and phone as easy access is very important...this has two of those pockets, one on the rear which is zipped for security and one on the front which is fastened by a magnetic popper.  Inside is pretty funky with its lime green lining and multiple pockets too. 

The second and third ones are both from Fossil from the Sydney collection.  The larger of the two is a multicolour tote which has a zipped closure (an absolute must for the rainy UK weather) and I already had the matching purse that I bought from TK Maxx a week or so ago,  This bag is HUGE!  It swallows my bag organiser with ease which means it is going to be perfect for shopping or work purposes - and maybe even college as it will easily hold A4!

The last (but probably not!) is a satchel in white/off white with gold stud detailing and is so cute!  It didn't look big enough to fit in my bag organiser which holds my planner, purse, multiple lip products, make up and all the other crazy stuff we carry - but it did!!  I love how far the zips go down the sides too, I love being able to actually get into my bag and see everything rather than try to operate some kind of keyhole surgery to get at my things, which you seem to need to do with some bags.


I didn't have a purse that matched this so I just had to get one of those too :) well Christmas is almost upon us so that's how I have justified it...seriously, this has been put away for Christmas.

So that's me done...for now!

Until next time, take care xxx

3 comments:

  1. How awesome! I would love to see your planner-inside and out! If you feel like sharing your bliss. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already done one Kim, see my previous post. I will do an updated one shortly though x

      Delete
  2. Good for you! I am wanting to have planner peace by the end of this year. I am debating between a Van der Spek Standard Touch Me or a Custom Standard...either with 30 mm rings. I love the long back pocket idea of the Touch Me, but I love the color combination choices of the Custom. So I have given myself a few more weeks to debate on it, so that I can hopefully start my new year with planner peace. My personal Maldens are nice but the rings are just too small.

    ReplyDelete