Wednesday 19 November 2014

Creative Organising

I don’t know whether it is because I now have a room that is calm and purposeful but whenever I come in here I get the urge to be creative or academic.  I guess that was the whole reason that I wanted to create this room in the first place so the fact that it is actually working as planned is fantastic!!


I had recently decided to give up all my studying for the time being until I figured out what it was I really wanted to do, I felt a bit lost.  But sitting in this room at my desk with all my stationery and tools needed to carry out some successful study made me feel like I actually needed to study something, anything! 

Then an update arrived for the course that I was doing that I’d decided I didn’t want to do anymore and I don’t know whether it was the urge to open a brand new text book or whether subconsciously I decided that it was actually what I wanted to do I don’t know – and I’m not questioning it any further – but I sat down and started…


Obviously some additional planning and sections were required in my Malden to accommodate such a demanding schedule that now needed to be done as I’ve left it late as usual to get started and now time is of the essence so these were created – not sure what they will be used for but I have them anyway – and I am not actually using this Filofax to hold my study notes, just my schedule. 






I’ve tried using a Filofax for study notes before and it’s just not big enough, I need A4 notepaper and I don’t think I want to go into an A4 Filofax as they are just too big!!  I am in a spiral bound notebook at the moment and I am not sure whether that is going to work for me as it is very constricting and it isn’t one that I can tear the pages out and re-punch either so we’ll have to see how that goes but I do kind of like the fact that I HAVE to do it in order (my OCD will not allow me to do it any other way!) as I can’t swap the pages around.  I’m trying the ‘Cornell Notes’ way of doing it, I haven’t tried it before but so far so good, I think it will come into its own for revision purposes…again, we’ll see.

What I wish I understood was where this urge comes from to want to study, to learn more, to achieve higher qualification status – what is the point?  I can see the point if you’re young and have your whole career life ahead of you but I’m not such a youngster and my company have already said that, although they actively encourage and finance further qualifications, it won’t make any difference to either my status or salary...so again I ask, why bother?  If I hated the company it would be rebellious to let them pay for something that was ultimately set me free to go wherever I could but this is not the case here.  I like it and I like the people.  So, big dilemma really!

I guess the only real answer to this is that I am doing it for me.  For my own personal feeling of achievement.  To have proof that I am good enough and knowledgeable enough to undertake the examinations and to enable me to have those designatory letters after my name…

I wish I knew the answers…or even just one would be a start!!  I don’t want to lead a complicated life but I do seem to keep throwing myself into a pit of quandary whenever and wherever possible!!

Until next time, take care xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment